Welcome to World Footy News
Friday, May 07 2021 @ 04:51 am ACST

The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Game Days 5 and 6 - Live Scores
Authored by: Mister Football on Saturday, August 20 2011 @ 11:12 pm ACST

If the current South Pacific development work continues, then Tonga and Fiji will overtake Canada in three years time, especially if each of these countries start getting more players into Australian leagues.

It's a bit disappointing considering Canada manages to organise a reasonable league of its own, but I think given how much Tonga and Fiji have achieved in barely two years, it's inevitable.

---
Mister Football
[ # ]
Game Days 5 and 6 - Live Scores
Authored by: RevoOldBoy on Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 02:56 pm ACST

Did anyone here see the US v SA game? By the score it would suggest US was pressing inot their forwared line all day, just not converting, was the game closer than the score suggested?

[ # ]
Game Days 5 and 6 - Live Scores
Authored by: Aaron Richard on Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 03:02 pm ACST

I'm down in Melbourne today so didn't see the game, but one comment I heard via twitter was "Someone tell the USA they're supposed to kick it between the big ones".  I'd assume that means the scoreline tells an accurate story, Revos controlled the game but couldn't convert.

[ # ]
Game Days 5 and 6 - Live Scores
Authored by: Brett Northey on Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 03:43 pm ACST

Troy's report was filed from the ground - he watched it all unfold.  Sounds like the US really did dominate.  I suspected SA were not as strong as the other top sides but would still have enough to get the job done.  So a US win wasn't my tip, but it wasn't a shock.  But I certainly didn't think they would do it so easily.

---
Brett Northey - Co-founder and Chief Editor of WFN
[ # ]
Game Days 5 and 6 - Live Scores
Authored by: Brett Northey on Sunday, August 21 2011 @ 04:07 pm ACST

While I'm here a big thank you to all our crew but especially again to Troy and Tobie who have managed to get to every day of the Cup so far in Sydney.  They'll be looking forward to getting back home to Melbourne and continuing the great work from there.

---