Welcome to World Footy News
Tuesday, February 18 2020 @ 11:07 pm ACDT

The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
An Avalanche of Austrian Talent
Authored by: kolja51 on Friday, March 29 2013 @ 06:43 am ACDT

Great to hear about the uprise of our Austrian friends. Good luck with recruiting, and we hope to see you with numbers and talent this year in Interleague and Euro Cup.

An Avalanche of Austrian Talent
Authored by: Oliver Krajacic on Sunday, March 31 2013 @ 05:01 am ACDT

We'll be there! Maybe not this year, but looks like it's coming together :)

An Avalanche of Austrian Talent
Authored by: Michael Christiansen on Tuesday, April 09 2013 @ 05:43 pm ACST

Is there a summary of the course content??

An Avalanche of Austrian Talent
Authored by: Wesley Hull on Tuesday, April 09 2013 @ 07:03 pm ACST

Michael, I didn't ask for a course content but I am sure that Oliver would track one down, so I will ask. From my observations, universities have always been a part of the make up of the European scene in one way or another. Even in my recent research, the stories about Austrian, Croatian and Finnish development have centred around the linkss forged between local clubs and university options.

It may be that the course structure offered in Graz could be seen as a template of sorts for others to follow if they want to pursue the university path to further develop their clubs/leagues.

I will contact Oliver and see what we can find.

An Avalanche of Austrian Talent
Authored by: Wesley Hull on Thursday, April 11 2013 @ 09:59 pm ACST

In response to tye question of course content, Oliver from DownUnderDogs sent me an email detailing many aspects of the university course. Some is not for printing, but this paragraph and link does go some way to answering the question. It is clear that the ffinal decision on what information or tasks are delivered are tailored to the students/group involved at the time.

Our Aussie Rules course at university is being run via the USI, the University Sports Institute (http://www.uni-graz.at/en/usiwww.htm .They offer hundreds of courses from Aqua jogging to Zumba, open to students, graduates and employees of Austrian universities for a moderate fee (13-50ish €/semester). You need somebody with either a recognised coaching certificate for the sports you plan to offer or someone with a basic coaching course certificate (not sure if there's an Aussie equivalent, basically something like an entry level coaching course of 8 weeks or so) for ANY sports.

My take on this is that actual content will change and evolve over time to accommodate the needs of players/teams. I am just pleased to see so many clubs/nations linking with their local universities and making inroads to have Ausstralian Rules football a part of courses and attracting new players to the game.

An Avalanche of Austrian Talent
Authored by: Aaron Richard on Friday, April 12 2013 @ 01:23 am ACST

There certainly are coaching quals available in Australia.  Do AFL Europe run Level 1 coaching courses as part of things like the Euro Cup?  I'm pretty they have done so for umpiring.